Two of this weekend’s five home drivers – Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld – are using special helmet designs created by fans in separate competitions. Here’s a look at the designs.
Glock’s design was chosen from 170 entries designed by children aged five to 17 in a competition run by sponsor Panasonic. Six-year-old Tom Luca Hoffmann’s design was chosen as the winner:
Meanwhile Hungarian Tamas Simon took 20 hours to create an intricate design for Nick Heidfeld. At the time of writing BMW haven’t actually published any shots of the design, but Heidfeld was carrying it with him when this publicity photograph was taken:
There’s more pictures of it on Nick Hedifeld’s website.
Surprisingly Sebastian Vettel isn’t bringing a new skid lid to his home race despite having got through various different designs this year.
Update: More pictures of Heidfeld’s new helmet:
Another update: Surprise, surprise – not wanting to be left out, Vettel’s got a new helmet design as well:
More F1 drivers’ helmets
- Jenson Button to use fan?óÔé¼Ôäós helmet design
- 2009 F1 drivers helmets (Pictures)
- Sebastian Vettel using new helmet in 2009
- Vettel?óÔé¼Ôäós special helmet (Pictures)
- Another new helmet design for Vettel
- More new helmets for Sebastian Vettel
- Fernando Alonso?óÔé¼Ôäós new helmet for 2009
- Jenson Button changes helmet design
- Your questions: 2010 F1 calendar, helmet designs and more?óÔé¼?ª