Kevin Magnussen, son of former F1 driver Jan Magnussen, will have the chance to driver for McLaren in the young drivers’ test later this year.
Magnussen has progressed within the team’s Young Driver Programme and will get to drive the team’s simulator and contribute to its development programme for the MP4-27.
Magnussen said: ?óÔé¼?ôI?óÔé¼Ôäóm really pleased by this new agreement with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. The team has shown great faith in me so far and I feel that this is an important step in my career. F1 is a highly pressured, data-driven environment, and anyone who wants to get there and succeed within it has to master all the technical aspects of the discipline.
“This is a great opportunity and I look forward to working with the team and playing a part in Vodafone McLaren Mercedes?óÔé¼Ôäó future.”
Magnussen’s father made his F1 debut for McLaren in 1995, substituting for Mika Hakkinen at the Pacific Grand Prix. He later spent one-and-a-half seasons with Stewart.
Kevin Magnussen was the runner-up in the British Formula Three championship last year. This year he will race in Formula Renault 3.5 for Carlin.
2012 F1 season
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® British F3