The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- “Brabham” Formula 1 documentary reviewed
- Video exclusive: Haas team principal Guenther Steiner talks to RaceFans
- New videos show fans’ views of Singapore start crash which claimed both Ferraris
- New video of Ricciardo’s qualifying crash
- “This car is wide!” Hamilton narrates a lap in the W08
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy