However the stewards have formally notified FIA president Jean Todt of their absence, which could lead to further action.
Under article 13.2 (f) of the Sporting Regulations teams undertake “to participate in every event with the number of cars and drivers entered”. In their applications to compete in the championship teams must “undertake to participate in each and every event”.
Earlier today the FIA put out a statement encouraging the stewards to take into consideration the financial hardship experienced by the two teams. The stewards acknowledged this in their rulings on the teams, which read:
“In view of the [teams’] current financial circumstances, the stewards also decide not to impose any penalty. Because of the particular nature of the breach, the matter is referred to the attention of the FIA president.”
2014 United States Grand Prix
- Another close Driver of the Weekend win for Hamilton
- F1 back on form with popular COTA race
- 2014 United States Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2014 United States Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 United States GP
Image © Caterham/LAT