James Allison, who joined the team from Lotus last year, will be given responsibility for ‘track engineering activities’ in addition to his responsibilities as technical director.
Simone Resta, chief designer, and Mattia Binotto, power unit director, will report to Allison. Binotto will be assisted by the chief designer for the power unit Lorenzo Sassi
A statement issued by the team said new team principal Maurizio Arrivabene had initiated the reorganisation “within a few days from his arrival” and that it would give Ferrari “a flatter structure and clear assignment of responsibilities”.
Alberto Antonini will now run the Ferrari press office in place of Renato Bisignani, who has moved to the new communications department set up by Arrivabene.
Ferrari has also confirmed its cars and drivers’ overalls will carry the logos of brands owned by America Movil in 2015. The Mexican company, whose brands include Telmex, Telcel and Claro, has previous backed the career of Esteban Gutierrez, who was announced as the team’s new test driver yesterday.
2014 F1 season
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties