Formula One’s official tyre supplier will bring its soft and medium-compound tyres for the race at Monza, having previously chosen the hardest tyres in its range for the event at the fastest circuit on the F1 calendar.
Following the last round in Canada, where most drivers were able to complete the race making only a single pit stop, Pirelli faced some criticism for being too conservative with its compounds for 2015.
The same tyre allocation will also be used for the races at Spa-Francorchamps and the Hungaroring. Pirelli will bring its hardest tyres for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
|Circuit||2015 Option||2015 Prime||2014 Option||2014 Prime|
|Red Bull Ring||Super-soft||Soft||Super Soft||Soft|
|Circuit of the Americas||Soft||Medium|
|Yas Marina||Super Soft||Soft|
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review