McLaren has test driver Kevin Magnussen, who raced for the team last year, waiting in the wings. Another of its junior drivers is Stoffel Vandoorne, who is comfortably leading the F1 junior series GP2.
Speaking in today’s FIA press conference Boullier said the team “expect the four of them to race” next year.
“As far as we are concerned in McLaren we have only two cars so there will be only two race seats. We have two world champions today and we do intend to keep them, so far.”
“Nevertheless it’s a luxury problems to have four good drivers and we will do, obviously Kevin and Stoffel are very good drivers. Both of them we expect them to race Formula One and if we can’t fit or accommodate them at home we will do our best to make sure they can race next year.”
2015 Italian Grand Prix
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Perfect Hamilton wins Driver of the Weekend
- Little action in 2015 but Monza remains a favourite
- Mercedes investigation a “misunderstanding” – Pirelli
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript