The FIA has toughened up the rules regarding track limits and told drivers they must stay within the confines of the circuit at all times.
Following today’s meeting of the World Motor Sport Council the FIA issued revised guidance on track limits.
“Sporting Regulations regarding track limits have been clarified and specify that drivers ‘must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason'”, the FIA stated.
“Penalties will still be allocated based on whether a driver is judged to have gained an advantage,” it added.
The FIA Drivers Commission had urged for a tougher line to be taken on the abuse of track limits.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- A unique atmosphere: Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review