Romain Grosjean will receive a five-place grid penalty for the Italian Grand Prix after changing his gearbox
The Haas driver experienced a gearbox problem during final practice and has to fit a replacement unit before the existing one has completed the required six consecutive events.
This will be Grosjean’s second gearbox change penalty so far this season, having also received one at the German Grand Prix.
The penalty comes at a track where Haas has performed strongly so far this weekend. Esteban Gutierrez set the tenth-fastest time in final practice after Grosjean’s stoppage.
2016 Italian Grand Prix
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Fourth Driver of the Weekend win for Ricciardo
- Second-lowest rating this year for Italian GP
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 Italian GP
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix driver ratings