Moto GP star Jorge Lorenzo tested a Mercedes Formula One car today.
The three-times champion of world motorcycle racing drove a 2014-specification Mercedes W05, as used by Lewis Hamilton to win the world championship that year.
Lorenzo described the run as a “dream come true”. He drove the car at Silverstone, which hosts Britain’s Moto GP round as well as F1’s British Grand Prix.
2016 F1 season
- Are tickets too dear? Crowds fell at some tracks in 2016
- F1’s TV audience decline stopped in 2016
- Brawn among key F1 hires announced by Liberty
- Has F1 hit ‘peak penalties’? Fewer sanctions in 2016
- Brundle reveals Monaco GP heart attack