Pascal Wehrlein completed another day of testing Pirelli’s 2017 tyres at a wet Circuit de Catalunya.
Wehrlein did just 31 laps in the test – less than half a race distance – which had been arranged to test Pirelli’s wider dry weather slick tyres for next year. Nico Rosberg also had a shortened test yesterday due to bad weather.
“Obviously the weather hindered progress to some extent both today and yesterday as is not entirely unexpected at this time of year in Europe,” said Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery.
“The same can apply to the early part of next year, which is why we are in favour of some guaranteed warm weather testing in 2017, before the season gets underway.”
2016 F1 season
- Are tickets too dear? Crowds fell at some tracks in 2016
- F1’s TV audience decline stopped in 2016
- Brawn among key F1 hires announced by Liberty
- Has F1 hit ‘peak penalties’? Fewer sanctions in 2016
- Brundle reveals Monaco GP heart attack