Ferrari has chosen a more aggressive selection of tyres for next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix than Formula 1 rivals Mercedes and Red Bull.Sebastian Vettel will have nine sets of the ultra-soft tyres available, two more than either of the Mercedes or Red Bull drivers.
Hamilton has chosen five sets of the soft compound tyre, two more than Vettel. Bot the leading title contenders have selected a single set of the medium compound.
Renault has selected the most ultra-soft tyres of any team: Nico Hulkenberg and Carlos Sainz Jnr will each have 10 sets of the softest tyres available for the Hungaroring race.
The Hungarian Grand Prix will be the third time this year Pirelli has ‘skipped’ a compound in its selection. As in China and Germany the super-soft tyre has not been nominated.
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Renault|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
|Brendon Hartley||Toro Rosso|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year