It will be Perez’s sixth season at the team. He has scored five podium finishes since joining them, the most recent coming at this year’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
“Force India has been my home since 2014 and has allowed me to grow as a driver and show my skills on track. We have achieved so much in the last five seasons but I think the best is yet to come.
“The new investment the team is enjoying fills me with confidence and I am really excited about the future.”
Perez’s contract extension has long been considered a formality. He indicated in August terms had been agreed with the team for the 2019 F1 season. This followed the team’s exit from administration under new ownership, a process which Perez was involved in initiating.
Force India team principal Otmar Szafnauer described Perez as “one of the most talented and consistent drivers on the Formula 1 grid.”
“He gives us valuable stability going forward and is a huge asset to the team. As we begin an exciting new chapter in the life of this team, we are delighted that Sergio will race with us going forward.”
Lance Stroll, son of team investor Lawrence Stroll, is expected to replace Esteban Ocon as Perez’s team mate. Williams confirmed last week new hiring George Russell will take Stroll’s place at the team next year.
View the current list of 2019 F1 drivers and teams
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’