Toro Rosso and Williams have made aggressive tyre selections for Abu Dhabi, choosing 10 sets of the hyper-soft tyres.
The top three team, Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull, have all opted for eight sets of the softest available tyre. Ferrari differs from its rivals in that it has three sets of the hardest available rubber, the super-soft, compared to its rivals’ two.
This race weekend is the final time the current naming system will be used for Pirelli’s tyres. As of the 2019 F1 season the three available tyre options will be named hard, medium and soft irrespective of which compound they are.
2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Renault|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
|Brendon Hartley||Toro Rosso|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year