A Formula 1 spokesperson confirmed to RaceFans they encountered “a technical problem which is currently under investigation”
Kubica is listed as the winner of the poll on the official Formula 1 website, but the breakdown of how many votes each driver received has not yet been published.
The previous winners of the Driver of the Day poll this year include Austrian Grand Prix winner Max Verstappen (twice), Charles Leclerc (twice), Valtteri Bottas, Alexander Albon, Sebastian Vettel and Lando Norris.
Kubica said he had a “difficult race” at the Red Bull Ring. “The pace was not there,” said the Williams driver.
“I gained a few positions on the opening lap, but then the handling was very bad. I tried to defend but it was so difficult to keep the cars behind. I am lacking overall grip and in these conditions when it is hot, when there is a lot of overheating and the tyres are suffering a lot, I am just sliding even more.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’