Alex Zanardi

No change in Zanardi’s condition after third night in hospital

2020 F1 season

Posted on

| Written by

The hospital treating Alex Zanardi has reported no change in his condition following his third night in the intensive care unit.

The 53-year-old underwent surgery for head and facial injuries on Friday after he was involved in an incident during a handbike event.

The Santa Maria alle Scotte near Siena said Zanardi’s condition remains “stable” but his prognosis is “confidential”.

“The third night of ICU stay passed without variations,” said the hospital. “The clinical conditions therefore remain unchanged in the cardio-respiratory and metabolic parameters while the neurological picture remains serious.

“The patient is sedated, intubated and mechanically ventilated and the prognosis is confidential. The multi-disciplinary team that has him under treatment will evaluate in the coming days any diagnostic [or] therapeutic actions to be taken.”

Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free

2020 F1 season

Browse all 2020 F1 season articles

Author information

Keith Collantine
Lifelong motor sport fan Keith set up RaceFans in 2005 - when it was originally called F1 Fanatic. Having previously worked as a motoring...

Got a potential story, tip or enquiry? Find out more about RaceFans and contact us here.

Posted on Categories 2020 F1 season articles, F1 newsTags , , ,

Promoted content from around the web | Become a RaceFans Supporter to hide this ad and others

  • 3 comments on “No change in Zanardi’s condition after third night in hospital”

    1. No news can be considered good news right now.

      Hope for the best for Alex!

    2. I guess now the wait is on to decide when they feel they can safely take Zanardi out of induced coma.

      Stay in there Alex!

    3. Cristiano Ferreira
      23rd June 2020, 1:24

      I hope he can still retain the full movements of his remaining limbs. He has lost too much in his life already.

      Stay strong Alex.

    Comments are closed.