Two of Formula 1’s most prolific producers of different helmet designs, Sebastian Vettel and Lando Norris, are sporting new looks for this weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix.
Sebastian Vettel’s 2021 Turkish Grand Prix helmet
“More than 70% of the earth is covered by oceans,” said Vettel. “They are the origin of all life. It’s a very sensitive habitat and we need to protect it. For example every year more than eight million tonnes of plastic end up in the ocean, plus toxic waste waters.
“We urgently need a change of mind and we need to join our efforts to save our blue planet. And that’s why I have dedicated a special design for this weekend’s helmet to raise awareness and get us all thinking about our oceans.”
Lando Norris’ 2021 Turkish Grand Prix helmet
As was the case in 2020 Norris is the only other driver besides Vettel who decided to produce a special helmet design for the Turkish round. But unlike last year Norris managed to get his to the track on time – his 2020 lid got stuck at customs and didn’t appear until a later round.
This weekend Norris is using a matt white and black version of his familiar design.
Vettel helmet images: Jens Munser Designs via Twitter; Norris helmet images: McLaren via Twitter
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 Turkish Grand Prix
- For the sake of the title fight, F1 must get a grip on its track limits problem
- Strong Austin performance shows Ferrari progress – Leclerc
- Pit stop problems costing Ferrari “quite a lot of points” – Sainz
- Sold-out crowd of 380,000 at COTA shows F1 can add third US race – Brawn
- While the pressure’s off I can “push myself” more – Russell