Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend?
It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Yas Marina.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Max Verstappen||1st||-0.838s||48/55||3||1st||Not on same lap|
|Sergio Perez||4th||+0.838s||7/55||3||15th||Not on same lap|
|Lando Norris||3rd||-0.478s||56/57||2||7th||Not on same lap|
|Daniel Ricciardo||10th||+0.478s||1/57||2||12th||Not on same lap|
|Lance Stroll||13th||-0.239s||4/57||2||13th||Not on same lap|
|Sebastian Vettel||15th||+0.239s||53/57||1||11th||Not on same lap|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||5th||-0.13s||58/58||1||3rd||-60.884s|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix?
- Lewis Hamilton (38%)
- Valtteri Bottas (0%)
- Max Verstappen (18%)
- Sergio Perez (19%)
- Lando Norris (0%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (0%)
- Lance Stroll (0%)
- Sebastian Vettel (0%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Fernando Alonso (0%)
- Charles Leclerc (0%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (10%)
- Pierre Gasly (0%)
- Yuki Tsunoda (7%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (7%)
- Antonio Giovinazzi (0%)
- Mick Schumacher (0%)
- Nikita Mazepin (0%)
- George Russell (0%)
- Nicholas Latifi (1%)
- No opinion (0%)
Total Voters: 246
A RaceFans account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Masi did make mistake with title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP restart, Horner admits
- The omission in the FIA’s Abu Dhabi report which may store up trouble for the future
- How F1’s greenest debutant defied his doubters and left as its most experienced racer
- Latifi condemns “extreme” social media abuse and death threats over Abu Dhabi GP crash
- Why Mercedes believe they would have won an appeal but still lost the title
Debates and polls
- Which of 2022’s four lost F1 drivers will return to the grid in the future?
- Was Verstappen’s penalty for Hamilton collision correct?
- Does Pierre Gasly deserve to be one penalty away from a race ban?
- Did the FIA get Red Bull’s penalty for 2021 budget cap breach right?
- Was Russell’s five-second penalty for Sainz collision the right call?