Alfa Romeo has officially revealed the C42, its new car for the 2022 Formula 1 season, in its definitive livery.
Following a troubled 2021 campaign, in which the team fell to ninth place in the standings, Alfa Romeo is the only team to have enlisted an all-new driver line-up for the new season.
The team had a difficult start to pre-season testing as the C42 covered the fewest laps of any car at the Circuit de Catalunya this week.
However team principal Frederic Vasseur is optimistic about the team’s chances for the season ahead. “The C42 is a car we look forward to seeing racing,” he said, “not just because it is the first we built in this new regulations cycle, one in which racing should be closer and more thrilling, but because we have the utmost confidence in this car helping the team make a big step forward towards the front of the grid.”
Pictures: 2022 Alfa Romeo C42
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Masi says he received “death threats” over months after Abu Dhabi controversy
- Masi did make mistake with title-deciding Abu Dhabi GP restart, Horner admits
- Williams fined for late submission of budget cap documents
- The omission in the FIA’s Abu Dhabi report which may store up trouble for the future
- New insights but notable omissions in Drive to Survive’s account of F1’s 2021 finale