Nico Hulkenberg will spend a second race as substitute for Sebastian Vettel in this weekend’s Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
The team has not indicated whether he has tested negative yet, but confirmed Hulkenberg will replace him for the entire weekend.
“[Nico] Hulkenberg will practice, qualify and race alongside Lance Stroll,” said Aston Martin in a statement.
“Despite lack of mileage in the AMR22, Nico coped well in Bahrain and we are sure he will do likewise in Jeddah.
“We expect Sebastian Vettel to be fit for the Australian GP.”
Hulkenberg started and finished 17th last weekend in his first race since the 2020 Eifel Grand Prix.
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- Vettel will return to race for Aston Martin at Australian Grand Prix
- No decision on Vettel’s return until Friday – Aston Martin
- Jeddah defines track changes in response to drivers’ safety concerns
- “Minimal” changes to Jeddah track for second Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- Imola replaces China as F1 confirms 23-race calendar for 2022 season