Van Amersfoort Racing has confirmed David Beckmann will partner Jake Hughes at the team for this weekend’s two races at Silverstone.
The team announced Cordeel’s replacement in a short statement on social media. “Of course we regret the fact that Amaury won’t be racing this weekend,” said the team on social media. “At the same time, we are excited about David Beckmann taking the wheel of our VAR number 25 F2 car at Silverstone.”
Cordeel’s ban is due to end following this weekend, meaning he will be able to return to the team for the Austrian round next week.
Beckmann has already raced for Charouz at the Imola round as a replacement for the injured Cem Bolukbasi. He picked up four points for eighth place in the feature race, which puts him ahead of the point-less Cordeel in the championship.
Cordeel is only the second F2 driver to collect a race ban. The other was Mahaveer Raghunathan who collected 24 penalty points, enough for two bans, during the course of the 2019 season.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Leclerc asserts his supremacy but Sainz’s improving form should concern him
- Haas boss Steiner pens book covering team’s tumultuous 2022 season
- Mercedes see Red Bull and Ferrari’s past slumps as warnings after poor 2022 – Wolff
- Ricciardo: “Nice to still be valued by top teams” after Mercedes and Red Bull talks
- Sargeant to race in F1 using number two as Ricciardo’s three is unavailable